Saturday, 19 December 2009



Last Sunday, I had to attend a marriage function at anikkad, Near Muvattupuzha. First we planned to go by train. But later changed mind to go by car. I never drove more than 100 km alone in single stretch. Anikkad is nearly 226km from trivandrum. So I was little bit tense before starting.
Our journey started at 4.20AM.Had our breakfast from Hotel Annapurna near Kottayam. At about 8.45 we reached Ettumanoor. Visited the famous Mahadeva Temple there. That was the first time I visited this temple. At 9.20 we continued our journey to Anikkad. Reached ,the venue at 10.15. The venue was in the auditorium of noted , Thiruvamplavil Mahadeva Temple , Anikkad. This temple is said to be the south kasi (Dhakshina Kaasi), because of the water stream there from the rock, which is supposed to be a channel of Holy Ganga River. Another speiciality of this temple is, there is 26 different trees planted, each associated to the 26 stars ( for eg. For Rohini- Njaval, for Karthika-Athi, like that...)

After noon, at around 12.30 we started our return journey. It was not smooth like early morning journey. First, due to heavy feast I was feeling sleepy. and the day was very hot, I was feeling head ache. Morning it took only 5 hours to reach there. But return, took nearly 6.5 hours to reach back my home. So at 7.30pm we reached back home.

Route to Anikkad,

Trivandrum-----80km--- >kottarakkara----80km---->Kottayam------50km---Muvattupuzha----4km----Anikkad.




No comments: