Yesterday I visited the 3rd-Trivandrum International Book fair, at Kanakakkunnu palace campus. The fair started on 18th December
and will be continued till 28th December,2009. It is part of The Great Kerala Shopping Festival. Flowershow is also arranged as part of this program, at Observatory hill and Institute of Engineers' Hall.
I visited only the book fair. Books from different languages and countries are displayed. 10% -20% discount is given for all books. This time the organisor seems to be initiated for a joint venture with the Famour Fankfurt book fair. A seperate French pavilion is arrnaged. I bought three malayalam books- one is noted malayalm writer M.T.Vasudevan Nair's "Varanasi" , second one is "Ramraja Bahadoor" by C.V.Raman Pillai,and the third one is a malayalam version of Bengali novel "swarnakkotta" ("sonar khella" or "Golden Fortress") by SatyajithRai, well known Bangali writer and Film director. It is a part of series of detective stories, "Adventures of Feluda". I read the full story yesterday night itself. This particular Story was made in to film by SatyajithRai himself.


No comments:
Post a Comment