Few days back my daughter told me that she was taught to say 'thank you' and 'my pleasure' in turn, in her class. She continued...' we should say thank you when somebody helps us or gives something good to us.....and if somebody says thank you we should say "my pleasure" in turn...
'OK' I agreed.
Few days later, in my house my mother was preparing a tradition sweet. On seeing this my daughter demanded she want to give it to her teacher also. It was granted and prepared few extra for her teacher. It was packed and gave to her.
Evening my daughter came desperate....
"What happened?" I asked.
"Dad.. I gave sweet to teacher.....But she didn't say 'thank you'..." And so I could not say 'my pleasure'..."
I wondered.....a small incident made not so small impact on my daughter.Though she forgot it next day, next time when she come across such a situation she will think twice ..whether should I say thank you or not??
Does teachers not learn what they teaches? I am not blaming them . But for the students teachers are the roll models. So it may be wise to apply the theories in practice .


No comments:
Post a Comment